Monday, July 16, 2012

Animated Animals and Mutant Food


That is a preliminary walk-cycle test for my original cartoon character, Beth.  This will be the first time she's ever been animated.  Can I get a celebratory "Whoo-Hoo"?

Too early for that?  Ok, moving on.

Went to the last day of Taste of Chicago.  I decided to be curious and daring and ate an Irish Egg-roll.  Come to find that it's essentially the unholy love-child of a spring roll and a quesadilla.  Both are up there on my favorite foods.  Neither should ever be incorporated into the other.  In terms of ingredients, an Irish Egg-roll is simply an egg-roll wrapper filled with cabbage, flecks of pink meat that were probably part of a pig at some point, and lots of white cheese.  Note that, like a real egg roll, the whole wrap is fried.

Cheese + Frying oil = Me having zero appetite for the rest of the day.

Also yesterday, we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo; which is, by the way, FREE.  I've gotten used to the turnstiles, ticket booths, and bag-checks employed by everything from theme parks, transportation, museums, and even the local public library.  So it was utterly surreal to walk of the street and right up to a grey sea lion tank with no one stopping me.  If you ever get a chance to go, do it.  No, it's not exactly Disney's Animal Kingdom, but it does have a surprising variety of critters for a zoo funded by donation.  My favorite was the takin.  I'd heard of them but I'd never seen one in real life before.  Apparently they're related to goats.  The rest of the Lincoln Park Zoo's menagerie can be found here.

Earworm of the Day: Winter Wrap Up.  Yes.  I'm serious.  I'm a female animation student that spends a lot of time on the internet, it should not come as any surprise that I watch MLP.

No comments:

Post a Comment