Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Psychedelic Fossa

So yesterday I finally got back into the computer lab and worked more on the fossa skull I've had on the back-burner.  The modeling is completely done, save for the addition of some smoothing.
Rawr!

Also, for your enjoyment, I hunted around YouTube and found a video of a fossa.  It's kind of cute with it's big eyes and round ears.  But holy cow, that tail just goes on forever!  It's half the body-length or something.

Also finally got around to getting a UV mapping grid to work with.  Besides the pretty colors, the extra lines help flaws in the mapping to stand out better and the numbers show if the normals and/or UV's are facing the right direction.  The website I got it from has a whole bunch of these in various color schemes.  It's very nifty.

It's hard to look at, I'll admit.
This is my 3rd try on mapping that part of the skull.  I think I'm finally getting the hang of mapping organic forms.  The shapes are never going to be nice and simple, but as long as they look good.

Earworm of the Day: Mess of Me by Switchfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment