Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Sphere

So currently I've been teaching myself how to use fur in Maya.  And by "teaching myself" I mean using a mixture of Google searches and the "What does this button do?" technique.  Maya fur is easy to add and easy to mess with, but I couldn't figure out how to map on a multi-colored texture.  It was driving me nuts.  So I looked it up...

... one button.  That's the only step I was missing.  One.  Button.  The label reads "Bake".

So in celebration, I made Ferdinand Fur!
Cartoon fur taken to it's ludicrous extreme.
Then I backed up to a more realistic pattern and tried a proof-in-concept for a future project.  Thus the Fuzzy Hamster Fun Ball:
Half burry it in pine chips and no one can tell the difference!
Earworm of the Day: Transcendence by Lindsey Stirling.  It appears I've become a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment