Monday, July 30, 2012

Hamster Humans and Hamburgers

So, I picked up this book called Animal Skulls: A Guide to North American Species by Mark Elbroch.  It's fascinating.

And that fossa skull I was working on?  Anatomically wrong on so many levels.  The most glaring flaw being the lack of a foramen magnum... which is kind of an important structure considering it's the hole for the spinal chord.

Yeah.  Kind of important.

All this just stresses the point that research should come first.

In other news, my brain was keeping me awake Saturday night wandering on "what if" tangents as it's wont to do.  I hit upon "what would my characters look like if they were human instead of rodents?"  I ended up drawing this:

Still haven't decided whether or not to color it in.

Also went out to lunch with a church group yesterday.  Epic Burger has really good turkey burgers, but I forgot to tell them to hold the pickles.  While waiting for my food, I got bored and drew this:

Pato and Lynx eating burgers.
Earworm of the Day: Changed Forever by Toby Mac. That is honestly what's stuck in my head today, and it's driving me crazy.  I can't pinpoint why, but I have a very low tolerance for Toby Mac.  Something about the background singers, or the ear-wormy-ness, or... some other factor that can't be quantified... .  Beats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment