Wednesday, July 18, 2012

History and Monsters... Sort of.

Only two things I can possibly think of to blog about right now, and that's American history and Juniper Lee.


A few weeks ago I picked up possibly the most interesting history book I've ever read: American History Revised: 200 startling facts that never made it into the textbooks.  Mind you, it's not contradicting anything in the text books, this book simply adds in the missing bits.  The human factor, the dumb luck, and the minor details that made history take the course it did, and that the schools forgot to tell us for the sake of time.  Published just 2 years ago, the book covers everything from the pilgrims to Enron and does it in a categorical rather than linear order.  I found it at the library, but I'm considering buying a copy for future reference material.

Secondly, I've found the first season of the short-lived cartoon show The Life and Times of Juniper Lee on YouTube.  This was another one of those shows that I would've totally kept up with if it had been on TV at a better hour.  Now that I have 4 years education in animation and story-telling, I'm realizing what a gem this show actually was.  I love the understated reactions of the characters, and June's character animations (particularly the flipping) is very fun to watch.  (I would love to learn how to animate such a thing myself, but sadly I don't have any original characters with super-jumping capabilities).

Earworm of the Day: Electric Daisy Violin by Lindsey Stirling.  Yes.  Another one.  Hey, that's how it works.  I get it stuck in my head, it becomes earworm of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment