Monday, June 29, 2009

Blade in a video game


I almost forgot about decorating the cover for my process book in Graphic Design. Almost. I remembered in time to start drawing thumbnail sketches for it. I think I'll do what looks like a level to an old Donkey Kong game (not that I'm into video games, I just think color on a black background looks cool). The game is filled with geometric and sharp cornered shapes and primary colors. The player, however, is a hamster in a ninja costume. I'm using several emphasis tricks for him. Though he's the same size as the other elements in the game, he's orange with a purple costume, and he's made mostly with organic shapes. This should make him stick out enough to establish him as the hero of the game. I'm planning on making this scene with paper cut outs on black gel pen paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment