Friday, August 17, 2012

Pictures!!!

Finally downloaded the photos from my phone's memory card.  So today I give my readers the gift of pictures!

First a bunny:
City rabbits.  Totally cool with you walking up and snapping pictures of them.
Still haven't gotten over the novelty of city wildlife not giving a darn.  Was literally a yard away from this rabbit; it didn't even pause to look at me.

A short while later I was looking at the side of one of our school buildings.  According to the masonry, it was originally built for the science department.  They have these decorations between floors.

pictured: side of building.
Then, I noticed something strange about the second floor...

Are those... upside-down frogs?
If my eyes are not mistaken (and with 20/20 vision and a near obsession with all things animal, I'm pretty sure they're right), the old science department building is decorated with frogs.  Architect had a weird sense of humor.

Speaking of animals, I also downloaded my pics from the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Most of them are from such a distance or through so much wire that it's impossible to even tell where the animal's supposed to be.  But there were exceptions.  Here are my favorites:

That pic I mentioned previously of me and the black bear.

Cute, chubby little meerkats, watching the visitors go by.

Pygmy hippo posing for it's photo-shoot.

The Best photo of an african wild dog I will probably ever take.

In other news, I just now learned how to link a video so it starts on a specified spot (hint: use the share button and click a checkbox for it)

No comments:

Post a Comment