Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Coloring Fiend

So yeah, spent most of the day coloring.  Granted, I was coloring original drawings inside a computer for future use in my portfolio; so let it be known that I was in no way slacking off.

I will not be posting progress-reports on the aforementioned colorings, but for the sake of fun, here are the original starting-sketches of both:
a representation of the internal me
EY Dragon with her sketchbook and hamster buddy, Dennis.

Same space alien, different ages.
Marvin: age 11,  17, and 100
The Marvin 11-17-100, as I've dubbed it, one is just a piece I thought would be cool, but the EY Dragon Portrait is going to become my profile image on deviantART.  I will post the images here when finished.

Which brings me to my next topic.  I decided to color EY Dragon on one of the school's cintiqs, because I'm not going to be using the image for monetary gain, and cintiqs are fun to draw on.  Being summer, the school recently updated the software in the labs, which I kinda knew, but didn't really give much thought to.

Then I opened Photoshop.

No joke, sat there for a solid minute staring at the screen and vaguely wondering why Maya had come up before finally exclaiming, "OMG!  Photoshop's gone graphite!!!"

Yes, Adobe CS6 is now officially in-style with all the other creative software.  The Photoshop interface now matches AfterEffects, Maya, Z-brush, Final Cut, and this blog.  Everything is graphite.  Luckily all the buttons seem to be in their usual places and everything still works the same as it always did.  No surprises 

Except AfterEffects.  It's got selection-preview now.  Adobe developers, you rock!  :D

Earworm of the Day: Watercolour by Pendulum.  Fun fact, this is what I was listening to when I drew the Marvin 11-17-100 sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment