Monday, July 1, 2013

Blog is Back Online!

Penguins with Jet Packs is back!!!  Kinda.  The name is being changed to EY Productions: The Blog.  

Reason 1: How many times have I actually drawn penguins zooming around with jet packs on in the last few years? Twice?

Reason 2: There's a band.  I'm just going to back off and let them rock.

Reason 3: Consistent personal branding.

I have profiles on a lot of websites, and I like to keep my user names and avatars consistent so people can tell it's me across all 5 or so websites.  EYproductions is my user name for both DeviantArt and CG Society. The dripbird logo (supposed to vaguely [really vaguely] evoke a coat-of-arms critter) will also be a reoccurring avatar image.  The "Made By E.Y." hamster will still be stamped on all of my digital art.

EYproductions Logo, featuring Dripbird and the butterfly necklace

EY Productions: The Blog has a mission statement: To chronicle my growth as a digital artist/animator.  Stuff that you can expect to see from here on out:
  • Concept sketches & thumbnails
  • Updates on modeling projects
  • Short but hilarious commentary about bugs/inconvenient features of various artistic software
  • Short computer scripts for fun and other artistic purposes.
  • Recommendations for resource materials
  • Earworms (because I just have to, it's my thing.)
Things I will NOT be posting about from here on out (sorry, but it's for the best).
  • Random craft projects & photography (that's what deviantArt is for).
  • What I cooked for dinner last night.
  • 3 paragraph rants about tropes or personal epiphanies
  • The latest novel I'm reading (unless it inspired something relevant).
  • Lengthy descriptions of my Animalburg characters (I really want to make a web-comic of that someday, so I really need to stop giving you people spoilers.)
  • Apologies for not posting!!!  If I miss a post, tough cookies for all of us, the world will keep spinning.
Posting will resume with the traditional schedule of Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  I will aim to post an original image each week, and an original animation once every 4 weeks.

That's all you need to know for now.  See you Wednesday!

P.S.: I would love to ramble about the tv show I (finally!) started watching, and the knitting project I've been working on... but I just banned that kind of rambling from the blog.  I'm sure you can guess both of them by listening to The Earworm of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment