Friday, January 29, 2010

Simple as Algorithm, Bird, Calculus


I call it a drip bird. It is made entirely of NURBs shapes for those who know the needed bravery that entails. I don't understand the NURBs fear. Didn't give me any problems.

Well... except for the one thing with the feet, and the seams... and merging the body and neck... and...

Coloring, interestingly enough, is done entirely by ramp shaders. Yup. That's it. Lots and lots of ramp shaders. The feathers are all duplicates. It really was a lot more ctrl + D and scaling than actual modeling with CV points.

Am I talking CG babble? Sorry. I'll stop.

Suffice to say it's still a work-in-progress because, though it's cute, it can certainly be better. Maybe I'll make a family scene with them when I'm done.

In other news, my MEL Scripting teacher is out to get us! No, really. He has a thing for trick questions. It's really annoying. And the Pythagorean theorem? It's everywhere. Maya practically runs off the Pythagorean theorem. So, if you want to be a successful CG artist, start memorizing: a^2 + b^2 = c^2 OR c = sqroot (a^2 + b^2) . Life will be easier if you don't have to relearn this concept once every year.

Game design isn't much better. Game characters move in algorithms. *head-desk*

No comments:

Post a Comment