Friday, September 23, 2011

Turtles, Arowanas, Pirhanas

Went to the Shedd Aquarium today for the first time since I was... 4?  5?  Well, it's been over 12 years so it was time to go back.  We went out for brunch first though at this amazing place called Yolk.  The food was very good and Dad loved the coffee.  The aquarium was fun.  They had an exhibit about the amazon, which included some of the biggest freshwater fish I'd ever seen.  Forget trying to catch one with a fishing pole; they'd pull you under before you could reel them in.  There were also a lot of turtles.  We saw an aquatic show that featured white-sided dolphins and a talented sea-lion.  It was surprisingly short, but I guess it's best not to tire out the animals.

The sad thing was, most of the fish I knew the names of, I learned from facebook's Fish World game.  Well, you can't say I haven't learned anything.

On another topic:  When one is creating stuff, it's always good to check if it's been done before.  I can't say yet whether or not someone else is developing a tv-show with ninja hamsters, but I did find the game Ninja Hamsters vs Robots.  Now if only I can get past the 3rd level.

Earworm of the day: Wake Up by The Arcade Fire (because the Shedd uses it in their aquatic show).

No comments:

Post a Comment