Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Father and Son


One of the things I find the most entertaining when writing stories is showing the passage of time. No Hi and Lois/Blondie/Bugs Bunny time loop for me. My characters change. They have childhoods, college memories, get married, have kids, grow old and play with their grandchildren. It's also interesting getting parents and children to look similar but different. The child has to be a combination of the two parents, or more often I have to work in reverse and create parents for an existing character, which is harder.

So the picture above is two 8-year-old ferrets, but they come from different time-zones. The one on the right is one of my adult characters Greg as he was as a child. The one on the left is his son Cody at the same age. Getting them to look related yet distinctly different was the fun part. The clothing helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment