Monday, July 27, 2009

Chicken!


I'm not entirely sure why I drew a chicken.

When reading a book, I often get an image in my head that just won't go away. Usually it has something to do with the cover art of the book, but sometimes it doesn't. Like when I was reading Pride & Prejudice I had the image of a peacock in my head, which wasn't unusual because a peacock was on the cover. I was just trying to attach a meaning to the cover art. Now I'm reading Les Meserables (spelled wrong I'm certain). For some bizzare reason I keep coming up with the image of a chicken. I think it's a warp of the peacock. Pride and Prejudice is about english high society, and Les Mes is about the struggles of the french lower class, so the pompus peacock turned into the humble chicken. (or maybe it's something to do with french hens...?)

Anyway, I did draw this entirely from memory. How'd I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment