Saturday, August 28, 2010

Catch-Up

So I haven't posted for a while. Journals and logs have never been my forte. I like to keep moving on to the next activity. Nonetheless, I have been asked to return to Penguins with Jet Packs for the sake of my future career. How can I refuse?

First things first. Animation 3 is long over and here are the results:



In other news, I am having loads of fun playing with Maya again. Parkland has recently obtained Maya 2011, and it is slick. Takes some getting used to, yes, but the new graphite color-scheme was a good design choice, and the new button defaults are nice too. I don't remember if there was a "select camera" button on the window before, but it's there now, and I will be using it.

Using this new version of Maya, I have begun to model a tiger-swallowtail butterfly. Yes, a butterfly. They're actually quite fluffy, and I'm excited to learn about the fur tool later in the semester. A classmate also suggested modifying the colors on the butterfly to create The Butterfly Of Doom. I'm thinking red eyes and a black body and wings with white, red, yellow-green, and purples thrown in. I'll need to try a few designs first.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, that little animation is awesome. It cracked me up. Great job, very creative.

    ReplyDelete