Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lost My Drive... No, Not That One, the Other One.

I know, I haven't posted for a whole month.  Again.

The funny thing about a gap this large in posting is that when I finally sit down to write, I have nothing interesting to post.  It's like all the interesting things that happened over the last month mash together and cancel each other out so I can't remember any of them anymore.  Hmph.

Well, ok, I have Elf the Jackalope freaking out:


That was animated on paper then lined in Toon Boom.  Ok, there's something to talk about.  Toon Boom is -- according to my teacher -- the industry standard for digital painting in animation (or something to that effect).  At least in the west (again, according to my teacher, the Japanese has better programs, but they aren't available in the U.S.)

But then again Toon Boom seems to be a pretty intuitive straight forward program and I wish I'd bought a copy when it was on sale for $150 instead of waiting too long and having the price jump.  Live and learn.

Earworm of the Day: A Whisper and a Clamor by Anberlin

I don't remember if I've posted that one already, but I've been blasting it to stave off the end-of-college-beginning-of-fall-too-long-away-from-family depression I've been wrestling with lately.  (Don't worry, I'm getting help for that.)  The artwork may be few and far between until I can relocate my creative drive.  I think I dropped it somewhere.  Maybe it's hiding in my subconscious under the philosophical inquiries, or the dismembered Motion Builder actor guy, or the 2 ton chunk of self-doubt in the corner.  I'll find my drive eventually.  Hopefully by Christmas (this Christmas will be fantastic, I can feel it.)

20 Days To Graduation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment