Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Homework Storm Ahead

I have redesigned Arnie the Acting Aardvark, giving him a more brighter, more cartoony color pallet and a less articulated framework.
He's questioning my decision to put the navigation bar on the right side.
The animation is due on Monday.  Five days from this moment to complete a 29 second clip.  The problem is my 3D thinking brain is driving me towards character moves that don't work with 2D puppets, meaning Arnie will be a composite character: arms ears and body will be 2D puppet, but the face and legs will be hand-animated in Photoshop.

I made a list of steps I'll have to do, made some estimations, and came out to a minimum of 12 hours of work to get it decently completed.  If I can spend an excess of 2hrs per day on the animation, I might, might get it done.  At least I don't have to re-draw every element like Winsor McCay did.

In other news:
Terke Piloting the Di-Zok
Photonegative drawings make nice spaceship pictures.

Earworm of the day: A Guide to Marine Life by Falling Up  I am shocked with myself for having not put that as an earworm sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment