Friday, September 28, 2012

Chucking Rigging out a 13th Story Window With as Much Force as Possible.

So, Google Chrome no longer works on my laptop because my Mac OS is old.  My desktop PC, within the span of 2 weeks, has gone from dust collector to primary computer.

And consistent readers will remember my rant about wallpaper.  Thus, this:

My attempt to take adorable up to 11 while maintaining realistic proportions.
I love Photoshop CS6.

In other news, yesterday I reached an epiphany.  I am not a rigger.  I can model, UV map, and put a bone system in place -- heck, I can even paint weights if I must -- but once I reach setting up a control system for it all, it's grinding hours of frustration.  FK/IK, pole vectors, splines, face rigs, locators, handles... dislike.  Dislike it all with a passion.

And as of yesterday, I am completely ok with that.

So in light of that epiphany, here's what's going to happen.

  1. I am going to make a simple skeletal rig for both Butterfly of Doom and Dripbird so I can place them in some other position than a t-pose.  Nothing more.  They will not be animated... in 3D.  (Dripbird lives in 2D now.  He's finally getting to stretch his wings.)
  2. I will finish UV mapping the fossa skull.
  3. I will finish coloring Butterfly of Doom, Dripbird, and the skull.
  4. I will render a video each of charater/object posed on a turntable in both color and occlusion passes.
  5. I will post the 3 videos and accompanying stills to my portfolio/vimeo/blog/gallery.
  6. All of the above will be completed one at a time so I can get my homework done.
  7. I will celebrate when all three are done, take a week off, then go model something new.  Maybe a ninja hamster.
Earworm of the Day: Elements by Lindsey Stirling because you can never have enough dub-step violin. (To be fair, it is a narrow category.  Reaching saturation would be highly unlikely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment