Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wands and Light-boxes: No, This Isn't Hogwarts

I said I'd get it done, and I got it done:

Spitfire:  always a bad idea to get him mad.  Especially when he's armed (or decaffeinated...).

Next I'll do Fleet the Super Gerbil, but after that I'll give this style a rest.  My schedule's filling up now so I better turn my focus back to art projects that will have a grade tacked on.

Today was the first day of the last quarter of school for me.  I'm giddy with excitement; I'm cringing with fear; and I'm all-out stressed about my future and its scheduling.

But it's better than 80% of this summer has been, so I'll take it.

The two classes that met today were Motion Capture and Hand-Drawn Animation.  In motion capture we learned how to calibrate the mocap studio and how sensitive the cameras are to anything reflective.  Like glasses, belt buckles, reflective running shoes.  I swear at one point it was picking up the spiral binding of my notebook; there was a cluster of dots that moved when I did.  It was weird.  But not as weird as calibrating looks.  It involves a reflective ball on the end of a pole and you walk around the stage waving it in figure 8's.  How the computer makes sense of all this, I have no idea.

Hand-Drawn Animation started with the revelation that I already own most of what I need for this class.  Pegbar?  Check.  Hole-punch?  Check.  Stack of paper?  Check.  Richard William's Animator's Survival Kit?  Check.

Light box?

Uh...

So there's always one thing.  But that's nothing compared to my supply list for figure drawing.

Earworm of the Day:  I've had Winter Wrap-Up stuck in my head again, and I hate to repeat myself.  Ooh!  How about the Korra's Main Theme?  Now that's some beautiful background music!

No comments:

Post a Comment