Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Misplaced Wildlife and Festive Banana Bread

"Catch of the Day" by myself:


I really must apologize to anyone glancing at my linked-in profile right now.  I know it'll be getting double videos in the blog-feed-link-thingy, but having video embedded looks so much better than simply providing a link and saying "go here".

The fall quarter is almost done with, and I'm really, really, incredibly excited to go home for winter break.

I made banana bread today.  The recipe was just a basic one pulled from a Better Homes and Gardens cook book.  Nothing special at all.  Well, ok.  I didn't have any plain cinnamon, so I used pumpkin pie spice.  All my baked goods have tasted of pumpkin pie as of late because buying more spices is not a necessary item on my to-do list.  I also don't own a loaf pan, so I did some quick math to make sure the 10 1/2 x 7 wouldn't overflow and shortened the cook time to 20 minutes instead of 50.  Turned out just fine.

Earworm of the Day: "Taken by the Storm" by Article One.  Yes, that's a violin.  Also, they're Canadian.  For more cool stuff from north of the boarder check out the NFB.

No comments:

Post a Comment