Friday, November 11, 2011

3D Modeling Standards

I've discovered the school library holds a subscription to 3D World.  I wish I had discovered this sooner.  I became a regular reader back at my community college, and I have missed it since moving to Chicago.  The October issue had a description of TurboSquid's new(ish) Checkmate program and included a short list of what it takes to make a computer model to their standards.  I quickly jotted these down for future reference.  I do not have the skill or the resources to make models for sale at this juncture, but if I establish high-quality habits now it will make things a lot easier further down the line.

Granted, most of the standards are sort of "duh" things.  Like no laminate faces, name everything, and orient your model so it's standing in the "up" direction.  Others standards do take more know-how.  Some I don't understand what they're talking about.  It's all part of the learning process.

In other news, drew this yesterday:
Ancient Kenlilian in his natural habitat
I was trying to figure out why my alien characters were crazy colors, could run fast, and had eyes and nose positioned so far up on their heads.  This was the best explanation I could figure.

Earworm for the day: (oh you're going to hate me for this...) Keyboard Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment