Saturday, August 29, 2009

Paying attention...?

Classes have started anew and so far it hasn't been too bad. I have 3D Animation II (digital cinematography), Intro to Web Design, Drawing, and Intro to programming. Right now it's a lot of explaining the basics stuff, nothing too hard. I usually catch on pretty quick to the basics. In web design, I already know the basics from high school. Not to say I wasn't paying attention...

...okay...maybe I wasn't so much. I've gotten into a really bad habit of doodling in my notebook, but my notes for Web Design are by far the worst. I know I won't be able to get away with this for too long. With two studio classes and two computer courses I know my homework load is going to be massive. I tried to set my availability schedule for work accordingly, yet somehow they still manage to schedule 21 hours per week for me. One one hand, money and some apparent job security if they need me that much; on the other, I'd really rather be doing homework.

Why would I rather be doing homework? Well simple. When you're completing classes for your chosen field of study, homework can be fun. It can also be a nightmare, but one you get to tell horror stories about later with co-workers who know what you're talking about. In Animation I had to relearn how to use Maya, the modeling program we use. It all came back pretty fast, but I still had to do a little tinkering. What comes out of my brain the minute I start playing with an animation program? An animal. What animal? Uh....
This is piggerton. He doesn't look exactly like this in Maya (he's missing his feet) but I hope to end up with something similar to this eventually.

So that's the random wanderings of my brain this past week. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment