Sunday, August 9, 2009

Animation is a Pain


I already mentioned something about singing puffballs in my last post. Meet Rodger, Omar, Yolanda, Gary, Celia, and Benny (listed from right to left). They are to be my first characters capable of vocalization. In their case singing. This is mostly a practice in lip-sync and reading waveforms, but also in patience. As of now, I have only the first 8 seconds done. That is only after sitting in front of a computer for approximately ten hours total with a graphics tablet in hand. Sure I haven't been animating all at once, but it's a lot of work. Especially for one person.

Animation takes tons of imagination. The ability to hear a character talk and see them move, even when all you're doing is drawing one frame after another, after another, after another....

No comments:

Post a Comment