Saturday, March 12, 2011

Beginner Japanese, Courtesy of Styx

Screenwriting has been both my favorite, and my hardest class this quarter. Today, I got the first complete draft of my assigned screenplay done! And it's about time too. It's due Tuesday. No time like the last minute. But really, I'm happy mostly because it's one of only 2 stories I've completed, front to back. The first one has yet to be edited (and it really needs an overhaul, but that's a project for next month).

Animation History is my next crisis to face. I have a list of names a mile long that I really need to know. Or at least have notes on. The names range from as easy (Walt Disney), to easy to anime-fans (Osamu Tazuka), to "who the heck is that?" (Ralph Bakshi anyone?). My roommate is Japanese (her home was not in the path of Friday's Tsunami thank goodness). So after the lesson topic of anime, I came home and started trying to pronounce the names I learned correctly. She thought this was funny, not because I was mispronouncing things, but because an American was trying to speak Japanese. She also flipped when she discovered I knew what "arigato" meant (Styx songs can be educational. Who knew?).

One more week, and spring break will be here. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment