Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Preparing

I am preparing to attend DePaul University in Chicago this winter.

Yikes.

Every time I check my e-mail, I realize how much paperwork I still have to do, the orientation I must attend, and the room clean-out that needs doing before I leave. I'm not sure how on earth I'm going to get all of this done. I am considering quitting my cashiering job just to have the time. The thought scares me a bit, mostly because I have never written a letter of resignation before and I'm a little unsure on how to go about it. Also, I have gotten very used to having a paycheck handed to me every 2 weeks. Minimum wage or no, it's a nice thing to not have to hit up your parents for money to fuel up the car and buy art supplies.

Sure, I have a savings account, but I don't like dipping into it much. I guess my hope is that it will grow enough that when I'm in my thirty's and some emergency happens, I will have cash stored away to deal with it and not go bankrupt. Or at least that's my logic for now. Give it a year or two, and I may use some of it to buy a copy of Maya, or a new computer.

I am in the middle of a major transition, but I must take a moment to congratulate a friend for making it through her own . My buddy Maria shipped off to basic training at Fort Jackson on Monday. She now has the rank "Private" officially attached to her name. I'm proud of her. She'll do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment